Castle Stalker

The Castle was built around 1446 by the MacDougalls, Lords of Lorn and has a violent history from then until it was eventually abandoned in 1840. Its ownership has passed from the MacDougalls to the Stewarts then the Campbells and finally back to the Stewarts. It was used as a hunting lodge and visited many times by King James IV of Scotland.

Check out the other entries here