Treshnish & Haunn Cottages are situated on a spectacular coastal farm on the Isle of Mull, near from the turquoise waters and sparkling white sands of Calgary Bay.
There are 4 cottages at Treshnish near the farmhouse – sleeping 2, 3, 4 and up to 6. At Haunn a mile further away, there are 4 more – 3 traditional blackhouses, with thick stone walls and a 1940s bungalow with huge picture windows and fantastic views. We hold a Gold Award from the Green Tourism Business Scheme, which ensures that we are doing all we can to reduce our carbon footprint creating a more sustainable holiday choice.
The cottages are cosy and comfortable all year round with lovely views and a real sense of peace and quiet. We welcome well behaved dogs too.
The farm is managed to protect and enhance the varied habitats, and as a result is a haven for wildlife, with otters, white tailed and golden eagles, hen harriers often seen. There are 4 miles of coastline to explore, with lots of rocky beaches and inlets to explore.
Treshnish Farm has an off the beaten track feel to it – and makes a great base to come back to after a day out exploring! The cottages have been carefully renovated and stylishly furnished to preserve their character whilst creating a comfortable and welcoming home from home. There are lots of places to discover within a few miles: beaches to walk, hills to climb and views to gaze at; cafes to visit and restaurants to try out.
THINGS TO DO
Duart Castle is the stronghold of the Maclean Clan. It is open to the public and has interesting displays – plus a great Tearoom!
* Mull Museum, Tobermory
* Mull Aquarium, Tobermory: this is Europe’s first Catch and Release Aquarium, daily events and a Touch Pool. A great rainy day activity for all the family.
* Staffa and Lunga – puffins – Turus Mara (10 %discount offered to our guests), Staffa Tours, Staffa Trips
* Wildlife trips: Nature Scotland (10 %discount offered to our guests), Sealife Surveys, Discover Mull
* Carolyne helped set up the Mull and Iona Food Trail which promotes the use of local produce and helps visitors and locals source great island ingredients and food.
* There are lots of walks to do locally and further afield. We have walking guide books in the cottages and maps.
* Beaches! Calgary is our closest but it is quite often busy, so we like to share the location of other hidden beaches nearby.
* Iona – this can be a wonderful day trip from here.
* Biodiversity on the farm – quite often see Otters, White tailed eagles, Golden eagles, Ravens. There are Corncrakes on the farm this summer.
HOW TO BOOK
Please visit https://treshnish.co.uk/make-a-booking/ for more information
FIND OUT MORE
Have you seen our Isle of Mull Guide?