The Scotsman Steps
The Scotsman Steps, built in 1899, mark the divide between Old Town and New Town Edinburgh. In 2011, artist Martin Creed was commissioned to rejuvenate them. He replaced each of the one hundred and four steps with marble from all over the world. As well as being a convenient shortcut for locals, the newly rejuvenated steps now attract tourists from around the world.