Located at the top of Leith Walk, McNaughtan’s lays claim to being Scotland’s oldest second-hand bookstore. They specialise in rare, collectable and antiquarian books. They also have an interesting selection of old maps of Edinburgh. The store was opened by Major John and Mrs Marjorie McNaughtan in 1957, but has been run by Derek Walker and Anna Fomicheva since 2015. It is right next to some of the city’s main attractions, including Clayton Hill, St James Shopping Centre, and the Edinburgh Playhouse.